Thursday, March 23, 2006

No, it isn't an April Fool's Trick

This week's CHAFF meeting will be at the Thai Pailin Restaurant, 9 kenttätie, Kasarmi Area, as usual, at 13:00 hours. All are welcome.

However, please note the very important change for next week's meeting.

I had an email from Ildikó Hámos today with this invitation for a house warming party and CHAFF afternoon meeting!



The date, I quickly noted, was Saturday 1st April 2006, and the location their new home in Tuira at 17.00 hours.

I asked her whether this was a sinister plot and an April Fool's Trick on CHAFF participants!

Ildikó smirked! :-)


Location: Kuivastie 17 A 36, Tuira.
Date: Saturday 1st April 2006
Time: 17:00 hours
Event: CHAFF Afternoon Meeting and House Warming party


Ildikó assured me that it was not a joke or a trick.

She especially asked me to put the invitation on the CHAFF Blog and extend the invitation to all of you participants who have made our CHAFF meetings so much fun.

In order that Ilari and Ildikó have some idea of the number of people attending, do email them to inform them whether you can make it.

Knowing that both of them are great hosts, I am sure it will be a great get-together.

Ildikó has asked for the CHAFF mailing list which I will let her have. You may also get a direct invite from her - but rest assured, as a CHAFF participant, you are being invited through the blog.

I do not know traditions of house warming in Hungary or Finland.

In my part of India, we take a small gift for the home and something sweet and something salty. We then boil some milk and allow it to boil over.

Maybe all of you will follow the traditions of your own country in what you do when attending a house warming so that we wish them both a happy life in their new home!

That will give me a nice blog entry as to the number of traditions that were followed - anything which is not destructive will be allowed!

No comments: