Monday, May 15, 2006

Next Regional Policy Plan Development Session

I received this message from Ildikó late last week:

Dear friends,

First of all, big thanks to Ata for organizing such an interesting and successful seminar yesterday. I think we all feel, that now we can really continue the dialogue. One possibility for this is introducing ideas and demands of us, immigrants, into the regional policy plan, a plan that gives the direction (and funding sources) for regional immigrant policy for the next four years. Therefore, I would like to ask and beg you all to join our next meeting on

Tue, May 30 2006, 15.00
at the SINNI-office,
Isokatu 30, 3rd floor


This meeting is already the fourth so far and now it is time to get more and more concrete about our ideas. Therefore, I am sending you the ideas and demands that I have so far received from you and summarized. Please look through them and comment them and send me your ideas via email until Friday, May 26. I will again implement them into the paper and we will continue their discussion on May 30.

I am also sending you the Regional Council´s focus points, that they plan to incorporate into the policy plan. Attention: this very paper is the one that we have to expand according to our wishes. So look at it with this knowledge. Unfortunately this paper is not available in
English.


It is important that you all show up on May 30! Ilpo Tapaninen from the Regional Council will be around again to comment our ideas and listen to our demands. We have to finish this development process by the end of June and come up with suggestions and demands for the Council. So there is not much time left - don´t let it go by unused!

Please forward this message to as many immigrants as you know. See you on May 30!

Have a nice weekend!

Ildikó


I am not giving the contents of the two attachments that Ildikó sent me, so please contact me or her if you want to get hold of them.

Although we at CHAFF have no unified stand on the issues that will be discussed, may I personally ask all of you CHAFF participants to take an active position on this as YOUR FUTURE LIES IN YOUR HANDS!

No comments: