Monday, January 28, 2008

Secret revelations: The women in my life


Annikki in 1964. at her favourite pastime -
chalk crayon drawing on the green grass of Woodchurch Road (Photo by Josey).



Annikki in 1966 , the day we announced
our engagement at Woodchurch Road, London.


When I was courting my Miss Universe, one would think there would never be any other women in my life!


January 1967, The most beautiful bride of all time
arrives at St. Mary's Cathedral, Shrewsury.



As a married couple, 41 years ago to this day, we leave the church
to embark on our difficult journey through life.


Annikki became my Mrs. Universe.


1967: Annikki becomes a mother for the first time.



Annikki's brood in 1974, Madras (Chennai)


Then Annikki became my Mother Universe. A more capable mother there never has been. She brought her children up in the most difficult of circumstances with never a complaint!


March 1997: First grandchild, Samuel.



Annikki with her first grandchild, Samuel.



January 2008: Annikki with latest grandchild.


In 1997 she became my Grandmother Universe.

Annikki, besides being the most beautiful woman alive, is also one of the most principled persons you are likely to see on the face of ths earth. In all my 44 years with her she has never been able to tell a lie, not even a white lie! She would rather say nothing than tell a fib! And what gave her all these Universe titles are her creativity in so many ways - from cakes to interior decor and creating art from rubbish, and even in her novel methods of educating her children.

To see her in her fullest glory, do visit the website A Tribute

So one would suspect with that string of "Universe" titles, there would be no other women in my life!

How wrong can you be, as I expose all!

But you will have to wait till tomorrow, as it would be shameful to tell this part of the story on this our 41st Wedding Anniversary. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

is that photo taken in WOodchurch Road South Hampstead.

That picture looks like the property directly oposite me!

www.16woodchurchroad.co.uk

mail@davidcouzens.com