Saturday, February 11, 2006

Ilmi and Mousa: KOSOVOK Soul & Rock Music Group!

Yesterday evening I visited Walda, the main centre for young people in the city of Oulu.

I tried my hand at Table Tennis against Soda, but my age was telling as I was gasping for breath after a few shots. I must obviously wait till summer to regain a level of fitness to play a game against my younger friends.

I was pleasantly surprised to meet two of the young people who take care of the Walda Centre along with our Chaff friend, Anais Guimard from France. I remember them from many years ago.

A group, in which Mousa and Ilmi played, KOSOVOK, gave a music performance of soul and rock for the first football match Janne Helttunen and I organised between the Djati Sports Club (Albanian Youth Football Team) and the Tervarit side, on Friendship Day in 1999.

I had promised to put up their picture on the web, which I did. But the site was closed in 2001 when I stopped working for the City of Oulu in 2000.

However, their performance is preserved for posterity in the book I published in 1999 called: "Sports as an Effective Tool for Integration of Ethnic Minorities in Oulu".

Sports as an Effective Tool for Integration of Ethnic Minorities in Oulu

Sports as an Effective Tool for Integration
Minorities in Oulu. Book written by me in 1999 recording the
achievements of the Alakko nää mua? (Will You Play With me?) Project.


This is Plate 4 from the book:

Plate 4 from the book.
Plate 4 from the book


In this picture, in the bottom right is a picture of Mousa (right) and Ilmi (left) playing to the appreciative crowd at the Oulu Sports Dome.

I always try to keep my promises! :-)

No comments: